A certified fitness professional specializing in the design, development and delivery of health and wellness programs for older adults. For the past decade, her training, experience, humour and insight has helped hundreds of older adults improve their lives through enhanced physical, emotional and social well-being.
An accomplished athlete and committed fitness buff herself, Adriana competed in sports at an elite level all her life. Originally trained as an architect, her lifelong dedication to fitness and a passion for helping older adults inspired a career change in 2001. She left behind the field of architecture to pursue her true calling. Once a designer of beautiful homes and buildings, she is now an architect of health and wellness for older adults.
Through Boomers for Fitness, Adriana‘s unique approach to health and fitness inspires and motivates people. Since 2002, she has experienced great success working with those suffering from arthritis, Parkinson’s and osteoporosis, confirming the critical importance of fitness training for boomers and beyond experiencing chronic conditions.
Adriana is certified as an Older Adult Specialist, a Personal Trainer, Nordic Pole Walking instructor, a Body Training Systems Instructor and a Yoga Instructor. She is also certified in CPR and First Aid.
Adriana is also a dedicated mother who works hard to keep herself and her two children healthy and fit.
Certifications And Training
- Certified in Home Support Exercise Program 2011
- Nordic Pole Walking Instructor 2011
- Older Adult Specialist – Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals 2010
- Level 1 YogaFit 2003
- Personal Trainer Specialist – Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals 2002
- Certified Body Training Systems Instructor – Indoor Cycling and Yoga 2002
- Certified in Adult CPR and Emergency First Aid